August 19 was celebrated as National Aviation Day in the country. We chanced across this fun paper craft which seemed just right for the occasion. A word of caution: It involves using a pair of scissors so adult supervision is a must.
Image courtesy: AZ Coloring
What you need:
- A pair of scissors
- A hot air balloon template printed on construction paper
- Colored macaroni
What to do:
- You could either print out a hot air balloon template if a printer is available or better still, draw it by hand on thick construction paper (even a roughly uneven one would do).
- Cut it out carefully using the pair of scissors.
- Using the back of an old pencil or a glue brush, ask your child to spread the glue evenly across the surface of the cut-out balloon.
- Now the kids can sprinkle on the colored macaroni and glitter randomly on the surface.
- Allow the glue to dry up.
Punch a hole at the top and hang it up in the kids’ room or put it up on the refrigerator, as the artistic craft of the month. It’ll add color and cheer to the room!