Is the Easter bunny at your place all set to bring gifts for the kids this Easter? Ours is and that is why we’ve decided to keep ready a special basket to welcome him this year.
What you need:
- A cardboard juice carton
- Different colored pipe cleaners/felt
- Cotton balls (a lot of them)
- A pair of scissors
- Easter grass
What to do:
- Push the spout of the juice carton flat against the sides and tape it down to form the nose.
- Using the pair of scissors, cut out ears along the sides of the carton (the side where the flaps are taped down).
- Bend the ears and make a hole under the nose in order to insert the different colored pipe cleaners. These will be the whiskers of the Easter bunny.
- Stick on the cotton balls using glue to cover each exposed side of the carton. Put on a puffy tale at the back (the puffier the better!).
- Next, the whiskers (read: pipe cleaners) need to be inserted in the hole made earlier under the nose.
- Using pink felt, cut out the inside of the ears of the bunny, black felt shapes for the eyes, pink felt for the nose again and a red felt mouth (kids will enjoy choosing the colors of their choice in this step).
- Line the basket with green felt… and you’re done!
Just set it out overnight and be ready to be greeted with an inviting Easter goodies filled basket in the morning!