Your child’s first steps in education begin at home, and this is particularly true for science education. A child raised in a science- friendly environment knows that his questions will be answered and encouraged. He learns to think logically and critically, experiments with data, creates models, is asked to explain the steps behind his reasoning and has access to science resources on television and the internet.
All young children are budding scientists –a five year old, for instance, may develop an intense interest in dinosaurs and want to learn everything about them; a 10 year old may be fascinated with astronomy and might be able to rattle off the names of the planets in the Milky Way. As a parent, you want to encourage his interest in science and provide every possible resource to facilitate his learning. So, what are the best resources to spark and satisfy your child’s curiosity in science? Have you considered getting him the scientific method worksheets that are freely available online?
Photo Courtesy –Steve R.
About Scientific Method Worksheets
The scientific method is a series of steps that scientists use to test and prove or disprove their inferences. Learning to apply the scientific method helps your child understand the subject as well as the world around him better. Your child is introduced to the scientific method in the classroom and through live demonstrations in the laboratory. Once they understand how to use the scientific method, they need to reinforce their understanding of important concepts with the help of scientific method worksheets and other printables they can use outside the classroom.
Scientific Method Worksheets – How your Child Benefits
- Scientific method worksheets are a practical means of reinforcing concepts that may have been only cursorily taught in the classroom.
- There are several kinds of worksheets available online; some of them closely examine a single step of the process at a time. You can choose to download and print them for your child.This allows slow learners to understand and practice the topic better, before moving on to the next one.
- Scientific method worksheets have long been a favorite of science educators because they offer the right blend of objective information and illustrations of scientific concepts.
- Scientific method worksheets can also be used as questionnaires to test how well your child has understood a specific topic. Many of them have relevant questions as well as an answer key to facilitate parents and teachers.
- Most worksheets are designed to retain children’s interest in the topic through colorful illustrations, pictures and real world situations.
- Scientific method worksheets are usually free and can be downloaded in a jiffy – there are several websites that offer a wide range of worksheets devoted to different science topics and grades.
Researchers and teachers have known about the benefits of scientific method worksheets for a long time now. Isn’t it time you checked them out?